Frequently Asked Questions
How are points calculated?
The points system takes the weighted sum of the top 100 submission scores on distinct problems. The score of the problem is weighted by . Formally, where represents sorted scores and a user's base points,
To not over-penalize users who have dedicated time to solving many problems, an additive adjustment is made to the base point value. Where is the number of problems a user has a fully-accepted solution on,
A user's point score is then the sum of .
What do the different colours that some users have mean?
How is the time bonus and first try bonus calculated?
The formula for time bonus is where is the number of points you received on the problem, is the point total for the problem, is the number of minutes before the contest end, and is the bonus factor. For most problems , meaning that you will receive one point for every minutes before the contest end, multiplied by your score as a percentage.
For first try bonus, you will receive bonus points if you AC on your first submission. is determined by the contest setter.
Can I set problems on WLMOJ?
Do you want to submit a problem to WLMOJ? Sure! Please contact an administrator on the Discord Server for problem setting permissions.
Make sure you follow the guidelines:
- Clear, simple problem statement
- Test cases are accurate (they follow the proper constraints)
- Your test cases will include the worst-case scenario
- Problem statement should include: input and output specifications, sample input and output, problem description, and, if needed, a sample explanation describing the reason for your sample output. A perfect example of such a problem can be found here.
- Test cases are (preferably) below 40 MB. If you need more, we recommend you to learn how to use a generator.
Keep in mind that the problem statements are generated using Markdown and LaTeX. If you don't know how to use LaTex, you can go to hostmath.com to view how they are used.
Any problem that does not follow the above format will simply be rejected, without explaining why, with the exception that it is a reason that is not included here, which will be specified.
While the problems are made by you, we reserve the right to change the point values accordingly.