Terms of Service
These apply to all MCPT platforms and are expected to be followed at all times.
All members of MCPT must read both sections carefully. It is the members’ responsibilities to ensure that they are up to date with the content on this page.
Code of Conduct
In order to enforce the proper use of the services provided by Mackenzie's Computer Programming Team (MCPT) as well as civil communication and a sense of respect amongst all members at all times;
MCPT sets out the following code of conduct as a common standard which all administrators and users must observe to interact with MCPT services and/or participate in MCPT activities.
1 General Usage Guidelines
Use of MCPT services must be kept within reasonable limits in terms of time and volume of information transferred through the system.*
2 Communication Guidelines
All users communicating via MCPT services may not knowingly access, send, store, distribute, or publish any information that:
- Is illegal or that advocates illegal acts or facilitates unlawful activity;*
- Threatens or intimidates to any person or that suggests violence, hatred, or discrimination towards other people;*
- Uses abusive language or inappropriate conduct; *
- Contains inappropriate religious, discriminatory, and/or inappropriate political messages;*
- Violates or infringes the rights of any other person according to the Toronto District School Board policies, Ministry of Education policies, the Ontario Human Rights Code, or the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms;*
- Is of a defamatory, abusive, obscene, profane, pornographic or sexually explicit nature or constitutes messages of sexual harassment, or which contains inappropriate romantic overtones;*
- Is considered and/or supports "spam" or "junk mail";*
- Attempts to hide, disguise, or misrepresent the identity of the sender.*
3 Online Judge Usage Guidelines
Users of the MCPT online judge may not submit a solution an excessive number of times to the online judge. Excessive submission volume may disrupt the service for other users.
3.2 Solution Copying
No user of MCPT shall plagiarize the solution of another user to the online judge system.
4 Discord Usage Guidelines
4.1 Student Affiliation
All members of the MCPT Discord server must either be:
- A current student of William Lyon Mackenzie Collegiate Institute;
- A former student of William Lyon Mackenzie Collegiate Institute.
Your nickname on the server is preferably your full name. It must, at the very least, begin with your first name in the English alphabet. You may have additional components to your name, but they must follow your name and start with a space character. MCPT reserves the right to change a person's nickname in the server without notice should they fail to meet the requirements.
4.3 Discussion Topics
All users of the MCPT Discord server must follow the topic for each individual channel. The topic of a channel is stated in the channel description.
No politically sensitive topics are to be discussed in any channels within the MCPT Discord server with the exception of the #polit-ics channel.
Inappropriate use of MCPT services by any person may result in a warning and/or the removal of their ability to use any or all of MCPT's services. Misconduct shall be reported to TDSB staff.
MCPT makes no warranty of any nature or kind, express or implied, with regard to any of its services. This includes, but is not limited to, the site, online judge, Discord server, Instagram page, and Facebook page. MCPT does not guarantee the continued operation of these services at all times.
6.1 Third Party Services
MCPT services may use third party services to deliver a better product, but does not necessarily endorse the third party services. MCPT is not responsible for any service failures or damages due to third party services.
6.2 User Content
MCPT takes no legal responsibility and does not own content contributed by users of MCPT services. MCPT reserves the right to moderate the content posted on our services.
7 Change of Notice
MCPT reserves the right to update the Code of Conduct at any time without prior notice. It is the responsibility of the users to be informed of the content within the Code of Conduct at all times. Continuing to use our services will establish your agreement to these changes. If you object to any changes that are made, you must simply desist from using MCPT services.
If you have any information about a breach of this Code of Conduct by any user of MCPT services notify email@example.com or a school administrator.
* As per the TDSB online code of conduct.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
- When logging in to our site with third party services (i.e. Google), we only collect and store information necessary to verify your identity.